Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Tenticlese

So, my fiance and I did some planting today. We re-potted his 'Bird of Paradise' plant, which is so tall that it reaches the ceiling. When we removed it from it's pot this is what we found!!!

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

Haha. Check out the roots on this guy, a beast!

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

I am not sure if you can notice, but in the picture above there is the bottom of a plastic bag trapped from the roots growing around it. 
I just had to share this with you guys. It's kind of gross, huh? Yet amazing at the same time! I think they look like alien fingers. My fiance mentioned how they remind him of something you'd see on 'Predators'. 
As of now, this guy will be forever known as Tenticlese(named by my fiances room mate). :)


3 comments:

  1. Those are some crazy roots. Did you find a pot big enough to put them in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Yes. Stephen had a very large pot for it already. Those roots were almost ready to bust through the old pot and run away! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what type of plant food do you use ? and how often ?

      Delete