Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Completed Charlie Brown Romper

While spending some time off here in Ottawa, I have been able to finish the romper! Oh, how I have loved knitting up this sweet garment! 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

I decided along with the buttons to add snaps on the inside of the bottom, so to make it easier for mommy to change the little guy in. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

Weaving in ends is my least favorite part of a knitting project. It is tedious and can be time consuming. I read this tutorial from The Purl Bee(one of my favorite sites for free patterns) on some better ways to weaving in your ends. I found it very useful and feel confident that the ends will be fairly secure after many washes. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

The yarn that I chose for this romper made it very easy to block. I put it on low in the washer machine and  didn't put it in the dryer so that I could block it while it was still damp. I blocked using this method, which worked out perfectly! The romper is now ready to await the new Schoonbaert bundle of joy in just a few months! Well, he will I am sure still have to grow into it a bit first. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment